One of my favorite things to do in the summer is get up early in the morning and sit on the porch swing while listening to the sound of the sprinkler hitting the grass.  That combined with the scent of the freshly watered grass wafting through the air is truly magical for me.  It is my favorite part of the day.  Especially when these girls join me....


There really is nothing quite like a relaxing summer morning.

Truth be told, our porch swing was a little on the uncomfortable, ugly side so I wanted to do something to make the swing just as dreamy.  I came across this photo on pinterest and thought disguising the ugly chain with heavy rope was so clever, not to mention fun and whimsical, so that's what I did.


I picked up the rope at our local farm store and had them cut it to the size I wanted.  It cost me about $10 for 25 feet.  I wanted to have plenty to wrap around the chain on the swing.


Isn't it fun!?  I'm so happy with it.  Of course, I had to make some new pillows to make it all comfy too.  :)  So, if you're a detail oriented personal like me and don't like the chains on the swing, here's a great way to hide them.

Our front porch, as well as the exterior of our house, has had some changes and updates that I will share soon!

Take care!  Hope you're enjoying your summer!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top