Our baby chicks arrived a couple of weeks ago and I am completely smitten with them.  I never realized they could be so much fun. 


One of the highlights of my day is simply watching them play, and our whole family is enjoying them which makes me happy.

We bought 3 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Rhode Island Reds and 1 Easter Egger.  The Buff Orpingtons are my favorite.  So friendly, sweet and curious.  Our little Easter Egger is a bit shy but she is slowly coming around.


The Rhode Island Reds, which we have had before, are fun and seem to be the leaders of the tiny group. 


They have grown quite a bit in two weeks.  I snapped their picture right after I put them in their brooder when they first arrived.


Baby chicks suffer from the "big hand syndrome" so for a while every time we would stick our hand in to play with one to get them used to us, they would all run to the corner for cover.   But now, they run to greet us, which is so sweet. 


We haven't named them yet because honestly, it is really hard to tell them apart, other than the different breeds.

If anyone has any name suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top