Pin It

Yesterday Lola and I made one of Jon's favorite autumn desserts. I can't remember the last time I baked something without my helper, Lillie, but she and Jon were on a little "date" at Inflation Nation, so Lola was my helper this time.  I wasn't patient enough and the cake was still hot when I put the glass dome on so it was quite foggy looking.




I am not much of a cook so like pretty much anything I make, this was super easy! Here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake

1 (18.5 oz) yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (15 or 16 oz) can of pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional) *
1/2 cup pecans (optional - we aren't big pecan fans so we don't use them)

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour either a 10 or 12 cup Bundt Pan.  In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for pecans. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, then increase speed to medium/high for another three minutes. If you are adding nuts, stir them in. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool for ten minutes. (I always shake it when I pull it out of the oven first and then let it cool).  Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. If desire drizzle with Spice Glaze.

Spice Glaze

2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional) *
2 to 4 Tbsp. milk

In medium bowl, mix sugar, butter, and spice. Gradually add milk until desired consistency.

* I think it is too strong if you add the pumpkin pie spice to both the cake AND the glaze. I recommend just adding it to one or the other. Personally, I like it best just in the cake and not in the icing.

Drizzle over your cake and dig in!


And now for the winner of our Give Thanks Pillow Cover:

 Congratulations! Send us an e-mail at dearlillie@hotmail.com with your shipping address and we will get it out in the mail for you.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!


Linking up to On the Menu Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top