Hey there!  It's only the beginning of the week and I'm exhausted already and wishing for Friday.  Can you believe we are nearing the beginning of October?  I can't!  It will be Christmas before you know it. 

I finished up our fall mantel/ledge this past weekend.  I think I changed it about a 100 times until I was satisfied with it.  I tried to use things I already had around the house cause I don't like spending extra dough on seasonal things.  First thing I did was top it with a wide plank of barn wood to warm up the ledge and give it a little more depth so I would have more room.  Here's a look.....
Remember those vintage music magazines from 1936 and 37?  Well, I didn't use them in the guest bathroom.  I decided to use them here but I didn't want to commit to actually sticking them to the wall, so I picked up 3 foam boards from the Dollar Tree and glued interesting ads from the magazines to each one, then nailed the boards to the wall.  The trays are also from the Dollar Tree, but I spray painted them oil rubbed bronze cause it's what I had.
The pumpkins were decor I had left over from last year, except the small white ones, which are real.  The old wood frame is one of the finds from our picking trip.  I love the the music ad centered in the frame.  I thought it tied in very nicely with the New York subway art also hanging in the room.
The books are vintage finds, the candles from the Dollar Tree.  I wrapped them in jute twine for a little texture.   These aren't going to be lit, so it's all good, no worries about all the paper and fire. :)
These iron pots were also found on our picking trip.  My kids love candy corn and caramel so I filled 'em up so they could grab a treat when they walk by.
That's it!  What do you think?
Happy Fall!  Have a great day!  Linking up with TLC!  Come join the fun and get some great ideas for fall!
The Lettered Cottage

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top