I love bike riding in the early morning hours of the summer.  It's quiet, peaceful and the beautiful surroundings can renew your soul.  I was beyond thrilled when my hubby bought this beach cruiser for me at a yard sale for 2 bucks.  2 bucks!  When he brought it home it looked like this. 
Nothing wrong with it, necessarily, but I wanted it to give it a little more personality, so, I got to work.  I removed the decals and the black foam cushy things around the handle bars so the bright, shimmery chrome could be seen.  Then gave it a good scrub, let it dry and applied several coats of banner red spray paint.  I let that dry for a few days and then attached a fun little wicker basket to the front, which will be the perfect place to hold veggies and flowers from the farmers market each week, not far from our home.  I am so happy with it!  It's so much fun and is perfect for those relaxing bike rides at sunrise or on warm summer nights.  Here's what it looks like now.  Kinda has that vintage look that I love oh so much.  And did I tell you it was 2 bucks?!
If you've never taken a bike ride at sunrise, I highly recommend it.  It really makes you appreciate the simple things in life.  Though I admit, it's hard to drag yourself out of bed some mornings, huh?  But, I'm always so glad that I did.  Otherwise, I might miss things like this.......
My youngest joined me this morning and we had so much fun taking photos of everything we saw on our bike ride together. 
As you can see, our little town has a perfect scenic trail for bike riding or walking/running.
We had plenty to look at and enjoy....and at that time of morning, you really become aware of all the birds and the sounds they make.  What could be a better way to start a day?
Between painting a house for a friend and working on our bathroom remodel, we've been busy, so, it was nice to get out and enjoy some pretty things and relax this morning with my little guy before getting back to work. 
Can't wait to get back on that bike tomorrow!  Anyone else love bike riding? Or have a beach cruiser?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top