I just wanted to pop in before Labor Day Weekend got into full swing to let you know we are having a big sale and to show you a quick project. Because I wanted to make sure our family room felt personal I wanted to add in lots of family photos. I put the chevron frames (I will probably eventually change those out for something a little bit nicer) above the sofa and then wanted to add some photos of Lillie and Lola on either side of the TV. I hunted through our stash of frames and couldn't find anything that worked so I decided to use some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint from Karla who owns Lady Butterbug to transform a couple of frames into something that would look better. I had two black ones that I liked the size of so decided to work with those.
 

The first thing I did was paint the frame in Paris Grey. I can't believe how nicely it coated the frame!

Then I rubbed some of the Dark Wax over the whole frame and ended up with kind of a rustic weathered wood look! 

I am so much happier now how these look. They blend much more nicely than the black frames did!





I had so much fun with the paint that I went ahead and painted my dining room chandelier! I'll show you that next week! Now I am dying to find a piece of furniture to paint with it. I highly recommend heading on over to Lady Butterbug and checking out all of the amazing Annie Sloan products that Karla carries! She is so wonderful about answering any questions you may have and even offers workshops.

And don't worry - I know you are probably sick of seeing the family room. Next week along with showing you the chandelier makeover in the dining room, I will be showing you Lillie and Lola's room and our kitchen island. And then after that the full kitchen! I finally photographed it and now I'm tackling all of that trim in our entryway and powder room.

I hope you all have a fabulous Labor Day Weekend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top