Today is the second day of the It’s a Spring Thing Blog Hop and Linky Party.  Yesterday, Mary Beth from Cupcakes and Crinoline started us off with a delicious looking Lemon and Blueberry Butter Cake, and today I thought I would share a rustic/woodsy themed spring tablescape.

I feel like I've been doing a lot of more rustic decorating lately so I had planned on switching it up and doing a more elegant looking spring/Easter table setting.  I had a hard time finding what I needed to create the idea I had in my head, though, and so when I saw these little nests with the eggs in them and the oversized moss mushrooms when I stopped into Savvy (my favorite store in Williamsburg) I decided to go a completely different route and do a more earthy woodsy feeling tablescape.


I love these little nests! I think these mushrooms would have been so cute at Lola's first birthday party!

Along with the smaller nests, this larger nest is also from Savvy.




You can see how I made these eggs out of plastic eggs and book pages here in this post from a couple of years ago.











For those of you waiting, we have just restocked our birds nest pillow covers! And the large Easter chalkboard download is available in our shop now (you can see how to make the frame for it here.)





You can see what this topiary looked liked before I spray painted it in this post from a couple of years ago.




Be sure to stop by Kristin's blog, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia tomorrow for the next stop on the It's a Spring Thing Tour!

And here is the rest of the list of the wonderful bloggers who will be participating later this week and next week: Kristin from Simply Klassic Home, Heather from At the Picket Fence, Shannon from Fox Hollow Cottage, Debbie from Debbiedoo’s, Heather from Setting for Four, Angelina from JoJo & Eloise, Vanessa from At the Picket Fence, Maryann from Domestically Speaking, KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms, Courtney from French Country Cottage, and Jennifer  from Jennifer Rizzo  - be sure to follow along and on March 18th we’ll all be hosting one HUGE It’s a Spring Thing Linky Party where you can link up your spring and Easter posts.  

I hope you all have a fabulous week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top