Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so very excited to be a part of Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday House Walk again this year!

 Be sure to click here to see Stop 1: Jennifer Rizzo!

Welcome to our home! Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, and now with two little girls it is even more special. I love using elements from nature in my decor and we have made many of the decorations in our home ourselves to keep our costs at a minimum. We live in an 1800 square foot townhome in Virginia. It is a middle unit and therefore does not have any windows on either side (just the front and back) which can make photographing our space a bit challenging, but I did try to take more overall shots of the spaces than I normally do so that you can get a feel for the whole space and how it looks at Christmas!
Here is the tree in our living room:


And here is the whole space:


And here is our dining room that is essentially an extension of our living room:



We made the yarn trees and the ruffle tree. I will try to get the tutorial for the yarn trees on here soon.

We also recently made the chalkboard which I have a tutorial for and will hopefully have that ready soon too!



And here is our kitchen and family room:



I will have more photos of our family room (including the chalkboard) soon!

And here are a few shots of little Lorelei's room (I will have more later):



And then here is our master bedroom. I first tried a little red in here which just wasn't right for this space. Then when I decided I would go ahead and do red on the porch this year I tried some of our pillows I made for the porch last year. It was okay, but I didn't love it:

So I ended up with the simple gray and white that I find most soothing in here:




The only room space I haven't decorated yet is our porch. I thought I would show you a few photos of how it looked last December seeing how I had not done the porch yet when I did last year's tour so these photos were not in it. I am hoping to get to it at the end of this week but we shall see...




I hope you all enjoyed visiting our little home! If you have any questions about where we found things we have a FAQ's page and a section with info about each room.  And we also have a tutorials section where you can find several of the projects seen in some of our spaces above.
I hope you all have a blessed rest of the week and a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Now head on over to Stop #3, which is a surprise house! If you haven't ever been to this blog you are going to be blown away. I discovered this blog not all that long ago and it has quickly become one of my absolute favorites. Wait until you see her house. It's gorgeous and so it her photography. And I just love her writing style. It makes me laugh out loud just about every time I read one of her posts. Just one warning: be ready to spend a while there!

I hope you are having an enjoyable December so far!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top