When we first moved into our home 5 years ago, I was so disappointed with the stairway.  I had always dreamed of having a beautiful staircase and ours was just boring.  We always wanted to redo it but could never find the time.  However, hubby came home with some huge old barn beams the other day that ignited my fire again.  I was having trouble figuring out what to do with them until I saw this pic on Pinterest.
Our home isn't quite this rustic, and I don't really want it to be, but I really want to incorporate those barn beams into our stairway somehow like in this inspiration pic.  Here's a look at how it looks now.
That half wall is coming down and I'm gonna try to build some type of railing 
incorporating a barn beam.  I've got some ideas and can't wait to see what I can come up with.  Of course, I might also be out of my mind by doing this. :)
The nasty carpet is also getting the boot.  Yay!  
I'm so excited to take this stairway area from boring to beautiful.  Hopefully there won't be too many surprises when I remove the carpet and wall.  And hopefully it won't turn into a giant fail.  But I guess I'll never know unless I try, right? 

And now for the giveaway!  To celebrate the milestone of 1000 members here and on Facebook and to say a big thank you for taking time out of your day to visit, I've decided to give away to one OVHL reader 1 set of my mini french bread board set and one large rustic walnut bread board, 
as shown below:

To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment in the comment section below.  That's it!  The giveaway ends on Thursday night, January 19, and the winner will be announced Friday morning, January 20.

Have a great day everyone!


Comments are now closed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top