Hey everybody!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends.

I spent lots of time working on my new "studio" which is in the back of our new shop that we are currently designing.  It's so nice to have a warm place to make my bread boards now instead of using the gravel carport behind our house.  I know this is nothing that exciting but I wanted to show you how it looked before I worked on it.  
In a word, gross.  This place use to be a taxidermy business so there was all kinds of this and that splattered on the walls and floor.  I'm not sure what it was and I really don't want to know either, I'm just happy it's gone now.  First thing I did was pull up the floor.
Then I replaced it with parquet wood floor tiles.  Next, the ick splattered cabinets had to go.  I gave them a good cleaning and coat or two of Kilz, then, another three coats of Valspar Ultra White paint in semi gloss.  I'm thinking about adding knobs, just not sure what kind yet.  Then I sanded down the wood countertop and put a coat of Minwax Special Walnut stain.  The doors also received a coat of ultra white and the walls are painted with
Elmira White by Benjamin Moore.
I still need to add a few more things and install baseboards at some point.  
Here's what it looks like now.
I also brought in some personal things to make it feel homey.  I know it's just a workshop but I really believe in surrounding yourself with things that make you happy, especially when working.  I also brought in this stainless steel table which is so perfect for working on.  The stool was left behind so I cleaned it and recovered it with an old coffee bean sack.  
I am so happy with the entire room and it really inspired hubby to get to work in the other rooms.  

One really special thing I wanted to share about this place is that it's right across the street from my dad's old office before he passed away.  I just think that's pretty cool since this all happened because of my bread boards, which were inspired by my dad.  That makes me smile and I know he's smiling, too.

Can't wait to share the rest of the place with you soon!
Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top