My hubby brought home this piece of furniture last week, but honestly, we weren't sure what it was.  It looked like something that perhaps at one time, went in a bathroom?  At least that's what the medicine cabinet, pile of very old linens and old mirror suggested.  Here's a look at it.
I thought the base cabinet was amazing, but, I could do without all the "stuff" up above, at least not on the cabinet anyway.  So, off it came.  I saved the mirror and medicine cabinet and removed the scroll work.  I'll be doing something with those, just not sure what yet..

I removed all the hardware, and gave it a good coat of Kilz because it did have that "old" smell that I didn't want in our home.  One coat took care of that.  Next, I painted it Valspar Ultra White and then sanded the edges to distress it a bit.

I liked the original hardware, but wanted something a little different that would be more in keeping with things in our home, so, I made a trip to Lowe's and picked up some new drawer pulls.  I did keep the original hinges on the little door.  This lovely piece went in the dining room next to a chair that hubby also brought home.
It still had the original porcelain castors that I think are amazing.  (Yep, my floor is dirty......)
I am crazy about this piece and now all I have to do is find the perfect piece of art to hang on the wall above it.
What do you think?  And if anyone knows exactly what this piece was originally, we'd love to know.
My next redo is a chair we picked up at a yard sale for 8 bucks.  It got a complete transformation that is a bit of a departure for me but I'm crazy about it!

I'm getting my shop ready for Christmas and so I've designed a few new bread boards to show you within the next week.  I'm very excited about them and hope you will be too!  Stay tuned!

Thinking about Christmas makes me want to decorate for Christmas and, therefore, start Christmas baking!  Anyone else feel that way?  I love love love making goodie baskets during the holidays for friends.  Nothing eases holiday stress and anxiety for me better than doing something for someone else.  And if you have a friend to spend the day baking with, well, that's even better!  And so, I've got another giveaway planned!  Check back soon for that, too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top