My sister, Jamie is guest posting with another yummy recipe:
Here is a recipe that is both easy and delicious: Peanut Butter Brownie Cups. I came across a picture of them on Pinterest and decided I had to have some. You can make the brownies from scratch, but if you are more interested in the eating and less so in the baking, then take my advice: brownie mix!
Here is what you'll need:
- Brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownies)
- Ingredients on the box (In my case, 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup veg. oil, and 2 eggs--though I use 3 eggs for a chewier brownie.)
- Peanut butter, 3/4 cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup for brownies, more to sprinkle
- Peanut butter chips, 1/2 cup for brownies, more to sprinkle (optional)
1. Combine brownie mix with ingredients.
2. Add chocolate bits, and peanut butter chips if you are using them, to batter. (The recipe I found calls for 1/2 cup of each, but I've never measured before, and I only use the chocolate bits. Not because I don't want to, but because I've never remembered to buy peanut butter chips!)
3. Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 350°, for 13-15 minutes, or until toothpick or fork is slightly wet when tested. You do not want the fork to come out clean or your brownies will be dry, and it will be harder to make your peanut butter craters!
4. Just before your brownies are done baking, put your peanut butter in a microwave-safe container and heat for 20 seconds, stir, then heat for 20 more.
5. While your brownies are still warm, spoon peanut butter into brownie centers. (If they don't fall after a few minutes of cooling, then press centers with the back of a teaspoon.)
6. Sprinkle with chocolate bits and optional peanut butter chips and ENJOY!
The recipe says to leave in pan until completely cooled but I have removed them after pressing centers and before filling with peanut butter & chips on a cooling rack and haven't had a problem.
Make sure you eat one warm!
Jamie and my mom were here visiting a few weeks ago and I am kicking myself that I didn't take my camera out almost at all. The only shots I took were a few of Lillie painting Jamie's nails after her gymnastics class:
I know as her mother I am a bit partial, but I have to say she does a pretty good job for a 2 year old.
Also, we now have the Give Thanks pillow covers available!
We changed the size from 12 by 24 to 12 by 20. We have had several customers mention that it is hard to find 12 by 24 inserts so we are changing over to the 12 by 20 size which is much easier to find inserts for. We made a pretty large batch of these and are working on a batch of 12 by 16's as well.
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!