Hello!  Because I tend to get tired of things quickly and because our wood blinds had been on the windows the entire 5 years that we've lived here, I decided to change up our kitchen window treatments.  I came across this photo and have been drooling over it ever since.  So, I thought I'd give it a try.  I picked up some coffee bean sacks at my local farm supply store and got to work.  It took all of 5 minutes.
I'm so happy with the result and it was so stinkin' easy!  How great was it that the coffee sacks fit the width of the window perfectly.  All I did was attach them to the inside of the window trim with screws, bunch up the fabric and tie it with hemp twine that I already had.  Simple and cheap!
Obviously, this part is just for looks and I needed something for privacy on the lower half of the window.  So, I found some corresponding inexpensive fabric that looked like some kind of faux linen, $3 per yard, and sewed some cute little cafe curtains to pull at night.  I already had the little cafe rods that I purchased from Lowes years ago.   You can't really tell from the photos but the two textures together are wonderful.
Love it!  It's something small that makes me smile every time I walk into the kitchen.  And because I picked up some extra coffee sacks, I thought it would be fun to share two sets with two readers that would like to do the same, or something different!
There are two of these.......measuring 26 1/2 inches x 40 inches.
And two of these.......same measurements.  To enter, just leave a comment!  Two winners will be randomly selected and announced on Saturday morning, October 15.  Comments will be closed Friday night, October 14.


Have a great day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top