Hey there!  Hope everyone has been having a great week!  Have any of you started your fall decorating yet?  I've been doing bits here and there.  I like to keep it simple when transitioning from season to season in decorating.  In the fall, I bring out the cozy throws, add more natural elements that remind me of nature and Thanksgiving, yummy scented candles and, of course, pumpkins.  My living room is finished and I wanted to give you a little peek.  I did a special fall mantel but I'm saving that reveal for another post.   Here's a look at the simple, inexpensive things I did to transition into fall in this room.
I brought out our cozy sherpa throw for those nights of cuddling on the couch.  I had trouble finding the perfect fall fabric for pillows, so, after seeing lots of jute or burlap wrapped pillows online, I decided to wrap some of my own linen covered pillows with jute webbing that I had from a leftover project.  I really prefer natural elements in my decorating, so I thought this was a fantastic idea and had to give it a try.
And I'm so glad I did!  I love the natural, calm and cozy feel and textures.
I wrapped another  pillow I made with part of a burlap coffee sack, attached grommets and then threaded hemp twine through it.  Love these pillows!
My hubby found this old wooden box by the side of the road and I LOVE it.   It will show up in another post coming soon.  It has perfect fall colors and I didn't have to do anything to it but clean the spider webs, grass and mud off.
We eat lots of apples around our house and they peak in the fall, so, I love to include them in decorating.  They really do add wonderful fall color.  That's about it for this side of the room.  I've decked out my mantel/ledge for fall on the cheap and I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  I'm posting about that soon, so stay tuned!  I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing to their homes for fall!  Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top