Hi there!  How was your weekend?  I finished up working on a table that my dad made for me before he passed away.  I painted it white and put it in my dining room.  After he finished building it, he had a little gold tab engraved and attached it underneath the top.  It says, "Handcrafted by Dad".  :)  Here's a look.......
 I'm so happy with it!  
I wanted to put something fun and different on it and since I've seen lots of projects lately involving spray painting glass jars, I decided to do a version for myself.

I had an old set of glass milk bottles that were just hiding away in a cabinet.  They were beautiful but the glass was so old that they were pretty scuffed and etched so I thought they would be the perfects candidates for painting.

I bought some foam stickers from a craft store and stuck those on the bottles.  I used numbers with special meaning, sentimental letters and did one that said milk, just for fun.   I primed them first with Valspar white primer before recoating with Valspar white spray paint and a clear glossy sealer.  The other color is also by Valspar and is called soft grey.  Here's what they looked like when I was finished.
I LOVE the way the spray paint made the letters on the milk bottles stand out.
Hope everyone has a great Monday!

P.S.  I have listed 8 sets of mini bread boards in my Etsy Shop and 8 burlap bread board bags.  :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top