Hey there!  How was your weekend?  I finally finished my rolling pin project that was inspired by the collection of rolling pins we picked up while thrifting last weekend.  I am so happy with it!!  Don't you love an unexpected project that happens because of something you found that you weren't looking for?  Does that even make sense?  Anyway.....
I used what I had on hand, which was barn wood, for the back, attached them to the wall with a nail gun and then, with a table saw, ripped a few strips off another plank to use for the top and bottom trim.  For the pegs, I used oil rubbed bronze door stops from Lowe's.
(Sorry for the blurry photo.)  These only cost $1.88 each and were easy to do because they just screwed right into the wood.  I didn't like the white tip so I spray painted it with Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint to match the rest of it.
And since I love jute twine and use it for everything, I wrapped some around one of the rolling pins to make a nifty dispenser and add another layer of texture.
I seriously would love to do my whole kitchen in barn wood.  I considered using it for our backsplash before I decided on beadboard, but it was going to be a little tricky with pulling electrical outlets forward to accommodate the thickness of the wood.  I'm super scared of electrical outlets and won't mess with them.
It's right at home above our vintage spice cabinet.  I actually sat in here and stared at it for an hour after I was done.  It made me so happy!  What do you think?
Happy happy Monday!  Enjoy your day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top