In honor of Mother's Day this weekend, I thought I would post a few pictures of a little treasure that my sweet little boy found for me. It's no secret that I love anything vintage. This especially happens to be true of anything related to the kitchen, as I love to cook and bake. I'm always looking through flea markets hunting for such treasures, but, they usually want an arm and a leg for them. One particular thing I have always had a love for are those old glass measuring cups with the spout on all three sides. They remind me of my grandma and how she would always bake a pound cake for me when I came to visit her.  So, imagine my surprise when my little boy came home with one. He found it in the woods when "treasure hunting" with his friend and dad. It was completely covered in mud so I'm surprised he even found it. He was so proud of himself and told me that the first thing he said was how much I would love it. 
After cleaning all the mud and gunk off, I realized it was in great condition. It is exactly the kind I have always wanted and it came from my little guy with a heart of gold. I think it's just the sweetest thing and when I look at it, I see the big smile, excitement and love on his face when he gave it to me, which, to me, is the perfect Mother's Day gift.
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there and to mine, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top