I'm currently in the middle of a front porch remodel and since our front porch is very large with a porch swing, I wanted to have a square coffee table to place in front of the swing to hold our glasses of fresh squeezed lemonade, a picnic lunch or to kick up our feet and enjoy the summer breeze.

So, the best place I thought to look was my local thrift store. And sure enough, I found the perfect square coffee table for $25. Although I didn't care for the style, it was solid wood and had great bones, so I knew I could change it to make it more to my liking. Here are a couple of before shots:

I didn't care for the mission style design under the top so I took out my trusty hammer and proceeded to bang the poor table to death until I had removed the pieces I didn't want. After every last piece was removed, I spackled up some holes and made a few minor repairs (got a little crazy with the hammer). I then gave it two coats of primer and two coats of bright summer white paint. I wanted the table to have a beachy appearance to it so I grabbed some jute rope that I already had and wrapped each leg at the top and secured with hot glue. Then I took some sandpaper and distressed the edges to give it a little charm. I think it turned out great and for only $25! Can't beat that! The only problem now is that I like it so much, I want to put it in my house instead of on the front porch!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me this week and I will be able to finish my front porch makeover and post pics soon. Here are a couple pics of the finished table.

Here is the finished table on my newly refinished front porch! So fun!
Have a great day everyone!  Linking up with Thrifty Decor Chick today!  Come join the Goodwill Before and After party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top