Wow, it has been another busy week here! I have been working on something I will post about on Tuesday so I haven't been on my computer practically at all for the past several days! And I probably won't be on much again until next week. If you have sent us an e-mail, convo, or facebook message I will get back to you by the middle of next week.  I accidentally hit delete on our entire inbox the other day and had to weed through the deleted box  - which I hadn't emptied in a while - yikes - and attempt to restore everything that was in our inbox but I know I missed a few. So,  if you have sent us something and we haven't responded by Wednesday or so please feel free to send it again!

We officially got the nursery finished today! YAY!!!!! I will do a full post on it next week including a cost breakdown (I have to add it all up, but I think it came to under $150 because we repurposed a lot of items we already owned).  Here is a little sneak peek, though:




Now it's time for another giveaway! 

This time the prize will be for a 
FREE edited photo AND choice of women's or children's screenprinted shirt 
(this applies to our current screenprinted items only, 
we will be doing another giveaway for one of our new pieces as soon as they are available!)

For the edited photo the winner can send us a photo and we will edit it and then send it back with two variations!  Below I will show a few examples of what photoshop can do starting two shots with just very slight altering and two shots that were pretty awful to start with and required a ton of altering.


Here are two shots of Lillie that I just basically ran some actions over because I was pretty happy with the original unedited versions but just wanted to make them "pop" a bit more. 

UNEDITED

AFTER 

UNEDITED

 AFTER


Both of those were pretty crisp and I liked their composition to start with so it made it pretty easy. The next two, though, were pretty awful shots to start with. Abby is the prettiest little thing but I did a horrible job with the composition and it wasn't nearly as sharp or crisp as I wanted to it be.
UNEDITED
 

Thanks to the wonders of Photoshop though this is now one of my favorites!
AFTER

Now this last shot is horrendous. It is normally something I would have hit "delete" on before even uploading it to my computer. However, I knew I was planning on doing an editing giveaway soon when I took this and figured I would give myself a challenge and see if I could make it work. First - poor Lillie was exhausted and NOT in the best mood. Then it was not the right time of day for me to do "window seat pictures" as we now call them. The lighting wasn't right. And then I normally get in closer when I shoot these ones but was too far back for this photo. Plus on top of all of that it was horribly blurry. So, basically just an all around awful shot.
UNEDITED
 

However with some cropping and a bunch of other little tricks I am so much happier with it.
AFTER

 How can you win?

All you have to do is leave a comment on this post!

You don't have to have a blog to enter, either. If you aren't a blogger, just enter a comment and then where it says "comment as" scroll down near the bottom and click on anonymous. However, if you do that, make sure to leave your e-mail address so we can confirm that you are the winner. If we draw the name of someone who doesn't leave any identifying information we will simply draw a new name. Make sure to check back here on the blog to collect your prize!

You can comment each day if you would like to up your chances!

For an extra entry become a follower of our blog!

Just write "follower" as a second comment so it counts as an entry.

You can enter until midnight on Monday evening  and then I will post the winner either Tuesday or Wednesday!

Have a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top